My 30 in 30 Painting 3 Day 6

ICY BRAGG CREEK 12x12 Oil on Panel, Plein Air - unfinished

OK, so I'm only 4 days behind. This was mid afternoon, south of Bragg Creek (Alberta) - yes, where Brad and Angelina have a "little place." The sun was behind thick clouds most of the day. It was COLD! I set up hoping that the sun would burst out from under the clouds in the clear strip above the tree tops before setting - and it did - right as I was driving my frozen-to-the-marrow bones home! Standing next to an icy river, no sun all day and a light breeze  makes - 10 C feel like - 200 C!
Again, the color is wrong because of the camera, but I like this painting. I don't want to do too much more to it. It just looks cold! I don't want to loose that.
  
Today my wife gave me a pair of "under gloves" to try for my next plein air excursion. I'm already wearing a pair of regular socks under my arctic socks with thick, felt-lined boots, so I don't know what more to do to stop my toes from freezing. Some would say "simple, stop painting outside in the winter." I can't! It's too beautiful and I'm addicted! Maybe I should get me a little portable coal stove and stand right against it. 
I'll try the glove undies first.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hermann, I've been watching and waiting for the rest of your 30 in 30. Really enjoyed what you have done so far. We were in Maya's class at ACAD awhile back. I was the one who detailed the label on the wine bottle and also a fly fisherman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember! Still don't know how you got that much detail in 25 min!

    ReplyDelete