My 30 in 30 Painting 2 day 5

NESTLED IN FOR WINTER 12x12 Oil on Linen. 1/2 plein air 1/2 studio - unfinished

I've decided to post every one of the paintings I'm doing for the 30 in 30 days challenge whether I'm happy with them, whether they are disasters, unfinished or whatever. I think it will help keep me accountable 

I started this painting late afternoon west of the hamlet of Water Valley (Alberta). I took a random side road into the foothills and followed it to its end - and there was this beautiful little "stead." The high hill to my right made the sun "set" early and the temperature drop. Candy, my little four legged companion did not hesitate for half a second when I offered that she get into the car. Even with her little sheepskin coat, she was shivering.

I reset my camera settings the other day so am struggling to get accurate colors. It throws everything off. The sky is a much nicer peachy yellow and the snow much less blue etc.
To see the other participants go to lesliesaeta.blogspot.ca 



2 comments:

  1. Good for you Hermann, I look forward to seeing your daily paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cecilia. Nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete